The aftercare for your new tattoo or piercing is of the utmost importance. You’ve spent time choosing your artist and design. Poor aftercare can negate all that good work. While this is not medical advice it is based on years of experience. Everything has been done to ensure your safety and health. If you have any questions we are happy to help but all medical concerns or problems should be brought to a medical professional.
- Leave bandage on for one hour
- Remove bandage and wash tattoo gently but thoroughly. Soapy hands and very warm water to wash, cold water to rinse. This should only be slightly uncomfortable, not painful. Adjust water temperature slowly to avoid excessive heat.
- Apply a thin coat of water based lotion 2-3x daily. AfterInked is a quality lotion made for tattooing.
- Use thin coats and rub it in, once it begins to flake do not rub excessively, no need to help the flaking process too much.
- No direct sun light, pools, hot tubs, or soaking for 2 weeks, I WILL know if you broke these rules.
- Do not pick or scratch, Do not allow pets to make contact. Do not allow contact with unclean surfaces.
- Tattoos should be healed in 7 to 14 days, but the skin will be thin and care should be taken for the first month.